Make a Difference This Mothers Day!

If your Mom is like my Mom she probably has everything.  Not exactly everything but as far as Mother's Day or birthdays go there isn't something she is dying to have.  Here in the US we live in a culture where take this kind of thing for granted.  It isn't until I go without that I realized how easy my life is and how comfortable I am.  As I start thinking about this upcoming Mother's Day it takes me back to when I became a mother!  It's been 9 months but it still feels like yesterday.  It took twelve hours from the time my water broke to the time we saw sweet Stafford for the first time.  In between those momentous events I enjoyed a bowl of cereal, an epidural and the Food Network as I labored.


One of my bloggy friends Adriel has challenged her readers to step outside their world and take a look at childbirth on the opposite side of the world.  You can read the entire post here.  Sadly my experience with childbirth isn't the norm all over the world.  In fact according to the World Health Organization a potential mommy is dying every minute somewhere in the world due to childbirth and pregnancy complications. To help combat this terrible reality Adriel is challenging bloggers and readers to take action!!

The Mommyhood Memos Bloggers for Birth Kits

I'm sure most of you don't need a reason to make a difference.  Any day is a good day to make a difference. I'm sure you would love to honor your Mom or Mama or Mommy....whatever you call her I know she is wonderful!  Read Adriel's post to find out how your donation can help save Moms in Papau, New Guinea. $10 provides 5 birth kits or you can make your own!

This is a great way to honor your Mom this Mother's Day!!  I encourage you to donate and spread the word about this great cause!!

Comments

  1. Laura, what an excellent post! Thank you so much for helping to spread the word. Our efforts are really making a difference. We just broke the 200 mark for birth kits!!! And that was just in three days. So awesome. Thanks again for lending your voice and your heart to the cause.

    And a BIG happy Mothers Day to YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled across your blog and loved it! Too cute! Your picture is priceless. Happy early Mother's Day to you. New followers and just wanted to say hi.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts