Pumpkin Pie Dippers & Other Miscellany


So I'm pretty sure I started this post around this time last year.  I was pretty excited about my pumpkin shaped dippers.  The bad news?  I have NO IDEA what I was dipping them in!!   But....the dippers are easy and awesome and a fun craft/food prep to do with your toddler.

I do think my dip went something like this...

pumpkin
spice
powdered sugar

Fall Pie Crust Dippers

I don't love or hate pumpkin pie.  We are one of those families that doesn't serve pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving so it's always been a take or or leave it kind of thing for me.  What do I love?  Finger Foods.  And this is the perfect Fall/October/Thanksgiving finger food!

Take a store bought pie crust and roll it out.  If you are awesome you can make one from scratch but I not quite that awesome.

Get out Fall shaped cookie cutters.  I used pumpkins and leaves.

Cut out shapes.

Brush with butter and dust with sugar and cinnamon.  

Bake according to pie directions.

Isn't that awesome?  Super easy and also so fun for your little one.  My little guy had such a good time making these last year...I can't wait to do them again!

***

So you might have read here on my blog a little big about my GIVEAWAY!!  Can you tell I'm excited about this?  I love to tell people about the things I love.  I love recommending recipes, restaurants....my chiropractor in Charleston will tell you half of her business came from me.  I think it's important to pass on a good thing when you love it!

So...when a friend of mine approached me about starting a home business I was skeptical.  I wanted to try the products and really be able to say to people....you will love this.

Well.

You. Will. Love. This.

(If you really know me you know how much I hate the multi-period sentence.  Totally necessary here.)

I've struggled with acne...dullness...blotchiness...you name it.  And right about that I started looking in the mirror thinking....I'm starting to look old...is when I decided to give Rodan + Fields products a try.  I'm tell you....you will not regret trying these out.  My skin looks clearer, younger, firmer and I don't even need makeup anymore.  I am not even kidding.

All of the products come with a 60 day money back guarantee.  Isn't that great?  I don't know about you but I don't even like to buy a new lipstick without knowing it's going to work for me.  And an entire skincare system?  No way!  But knowing anyone can get all of their money back absolutely sealed the deal for me.

So back to the giveaway.  I'm giving away our newest product, the AMP MD.  It's not even available to the general public yet.  This tool is proven to show a difference in only one use.  It's amazing.  It's going to retail for $200.00 so you definitely want to win this one!!  You have until Wednesday to enter!!


***

We spent some scary time at the Doctor's office this weekend.  Our Littlest Guy was having some strange symptoms and had a high fever.  Thankfully he seems on the mend....but man.   I just kept thinking about how much I love my babies and how thankful I am for them.  He definitely got chocolate cake in the bathtub tonight!

***
Speaking of bathtub and other various house things.  I adore our house.  I really do.  But I'm ready for a newer one.  This whole "built over 100 year ago" is for the birds.  Seriously.  I'm tired of forgetting that I can't use my toaster and microwave at the same time.  I want a driveway and a garage that is big enough for a car and attached to the house.  I want to be able to hang pictures up on my non plaster walls.  

But most of all?  I want a new bathtub.  Ours is old.  And the water is never warm enough to take more than a 5 minute bath.  I miss taking a nice long bubble bath with a good book and a cup of tea.  Also I REALLY want my own bathroom.  I know we don't need 2.  But a girl can dream right?

***
In addition to all my wants....I want to learn to downsize.  That sounds like of goofy.  But I have such a hard time letting things go.  I know there has to be a balance between being prepared and being a pack rat.  I remember growing up thinking I wanted to be the Mom that always had batteries if a toy ran out.  I just thought that would be the best thing ever.  Isn't that funny?  

I have a wonderful memory for who gave me what.  I often look at an unused item in our house and think "but so and so gave us that".  Even though we've never used it in 6 years of marriage.  I need a professional purger to come to my house.  Any volunteers?

***

And here are my favorites.  Not the best picture but still my best guys!!


Happy Monday!!!  Hope you are looking forward to a wonderful week!!



Comments

Popular Posts