Stafford & Reedisms

Clearly I'm struggling to keep up with life lately.  My house is a mess.  My blog is neglected.  My boys are wild.

Not really.  But they do some awfully funny things and I want to record a few of my favorites lately so I don't forget.

When we drive down "our hill" (36th street) they think it's a roller coaster.  We have to "put our hands up" each and every time we go down.  It's hilarious.  Tonight I forgot and Reed told me "Mama put your hands up!!"  Then they exclaim "Wheeeee....whoohooooo" the entire way down.

Recently the boys decided to "take a bath" in the sandbox.  They filled it to the brim with water. What a mess!  At least they are creative?


We've been calling S the S-man for some time now.  Recently he has been calling everyone else by the letter of their first name as well.  Peter is the D-man (Daddy) and I'm the M-girl.  It's pretty cute.  When we hangout with someone he tries to figure out what we should call them.

This afternoon I heard Reed's little voice yell..."Come on D-man let's go!"  Monkey see, monkey do!


They love to get dirty!


Stafford likes to sleep in his "other bed" sometimes.

A few days ago I went upstairs and found a smiling and laughing Kelsey on the floor.  This guy had apparently taken her out of her bed, unbuttoned her pjs, taken her diaper off and then left her.  When I asked him what he was doing he said "I was changing her diaper!"


This guy has been potty training lately.  It hasn't gone quite as smoothly as I hoped but we are making progress.  Tonight after emptying the dishwasher Peter paid the boy for their work.  Reed only had underwear on and he tried to put his money "in his pocket".....I about fell over laughing!!  This isn't the first time he has done that....last week I found him trying to put something there too!


Those eyes.  They are killer.  And the dimples!!  I know I have to tell this kid no but I sure hate doing it.  He is such a doll.  Apparently he is constantly growing because all day long all you hear from him is "sooooo hongray....sooooo hongray, Mama".  


Love watching these two grow.  They are best friends and wonderful big brothers.  Never knew I could love two little guys this much!!


I finally went back through all of my facebook posts from the past year and recorded them....I hope you enjoy.  The go from current things back to probably last August.  Love these funny boys!

Me-Stafford we are going on vacation today. We are going to the zoo...we'll get donuts. 

S-I know!! We can make a pattern. Donuts. Ice cream. Donuts. Ice cream

**

A few weeks ago I asked Stafford what he was watching on the ipad. His answer?

The polar bear express

**

Reed calls his blanket his banquet. 

**

Told Stafford to put on underwear. His response? I'll wear them tomorrow. 

**

Peter had been teaching Stafford that the Sound had salt water. After driving by some water the other day that was green in color Stafford asks...Is this pepper water?

**

Tonight Stafford told me that Millie was growing bigger and bigger in his tummy (she has apparently taken up residence there since Kelsey was born). Then he said...she is going to come out and I'm going to go get her at the post office!

**
S--Congratulations Mama!

L--Why are you congratulating me?

S--I'm cheering for you!

L--Why?

S--For me. Cause I went potty in the bathroom. 

**

Asked Reed what he wanted for lunch and without hesitation he replied....

Butter.

**

Attention Mama!!

We need the crane. The dump truck has dumped a large load and is now stuck in the mud. 

Can you get the crane for us? You have long arms. 

**

Stafford told us he had "too much to do" to go with us to church this morning. He also plans to take care of Reed since clearly we are going to leave the two of them home alone.

**

The baby just sneezed and I hear Reed...

Uh oh! happened Mama?

**

S--where are we going?

L-to get mama a treat. 

S-but it's not your birthday!

**

Stafford is concerned lately when driving especially if there is a drop off of any kind beside the road. Yesterday he asked me multiple times about not going off the road. I assured him I was a safe driver and would keep him safe. His response?

If you say so, Mama.

**

Listening to the boys play hide n seek is hysterical. 

Stafford tells Reed to hide and not to peep. (I think he means peek...even though he is hiding). 

Reed counts 1 2 3 5...and them yells out...NOT!!!

**

Taking his cue from his Daddy Stafford just told me "Love you, Beautiful!!" as I left the house. 

**

Overheard one day...

Reed can you say digger?

Mama that is my favorite plane. The one with the star and the long propeller.

That's earth. (when asked what planet was on his sticker)

See that American flag Mama? It's on that planes rudder. 

Daddy we saw 2 C-17 planes take off. That's the runway. When I grow up I want to be a C-17 pilot. But right now I'm just a big boy. I'll grow when I'm 10.

That's a cement mixer. It pours concrete.

See that Mama? It's a skid steer.

I'm outta here (as he left the dentist). 


**

Oh. My. Word. Stafford just told me bye because Peter is taking the boys hiking. He told me...

Have a fun time at my house Mama!!
Don't get into anything in the kitchen!!!

**

Today Reed got out of his sleepsack, climbed out of his crib and ran into our bedroom and yelled "Ta-da"!!!

**

Things I have caught Reed saying in the last week...

"I did it! or Did It"

"GogogoLaugh" (all seems to be one word)

"I see you!" (After I say peek a boo!"

"Fee Fi Fo Fum"

**

Peter is teaching the boys about basketball. He banked a shot in and said "the bank is open!!" Now every time Stafford shoots he screams, "Ahhhhh!!! The bank is open!!!!"

**

We had a mouse last month so I've been trying to be super vigilant about crumbs etc. today Stafford accidentally spilled cereal on the floor and as we were pitying it back into the bowl I reminded him we had to be careful so we didn't get creatures in the house. 

S--What kind of creatures Mama?

L--Oh, bugs and mice and other creatures. 

S--And elephants?

**

I bought the boys some beautiful handmade scripture memory cards and decided today we would start working on a verse.

My plans were thwarted when Stafford insisted that Micah 6:8 says "Love PERCY" instead of "love mercy".

Time for a Thomas the Train hiatus.

**

While waiting in the drive through today Stafford informed me he needed to go potty. I asked him of he could wait until we got home. He looked out his window and said...No. I'll just go here in this dirt. That sounds like a great idea!

**

Our sweet friends took care of the boys tonight so we could have a night out. Before they came I told Stafford that Mrs. Pam & Mr. Greg were coming to play. 

Stafford stares at me with a scared look on his face.
"Who?" he asks,

"Mr. McGregor??"

Apparently we've been reading too much Peter Rabbit

**

Stafford got out of bed. He knows he isn't supposed to. To avoid getting in trouble he tells us with a sad face...

I've run out of oil.

**

Took the boys to try to get a good picture of them down by the water after church. After we finished Stafford said...

This is a disaster. 

Precisely.

**

Me-I need a shower. I'm so gross.

Stafford-You're not gross!! You're just a girl!

**

Conversation after Stafford pours a bucket of water on the floor while taking a bath. 

No!! Stafford what were you thinking?

I don't know Mama. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Evidently not.

**

Stafford must be extra tired from all the time he spent playing in the "desert" today. Aka...the ball field at a local park.

**

I complimented Reed in his clean up skills tonight calling him a "good cleaner upper". Stafford, who wanted no part of cleaning up played with a truck and told us he was a "player".

**

Stafford just told me he was "disappoint" about having to go to bed and was "too busy."

**

S as we sat down to dinner..

Stafford-Stop we need to pray. 

Peter- Ok, do you want to pray?

Stafford- Yes. (Holds hands out for us to grab.) Thank you God for juice. Thank you God for apples and peanut butter. In Jesus name, Amen. 

Peter-thank you buddy

Stafford- You're welcome. Anytime.

Comments

Popular Posts