Tuesday's Treasury

I've missed posting my miscellaneous moments on Mondays.  I did it for a couple of years and it really helped me capture the little things that I wanted to remember.  Those are some of my favorite posts to go back and read because they truly show what life is like at our house!

I've decided to bring it back but on Tuesdays.  It will be a treasury of moments (get the book allusion?)

Why am I posting on Monday this week?  Mostly because it's my blog and I can't wait.  Maybe I'll do one Monday AND Tuesday this week.  Every story needs a rebel right?



I've been getting a little nostalgic as we approach this kiddo's birthday.  He was the motivation behind this little space.  I wanted a place to share what life was like as a family of three.  Now here we are 5 years later and I just can't believe how big he is getting.  Today I gave him a couple of letter cookies since he SO politely asked!  I told him I wished he had an O because then we could spell boy.  That little creative kid said...can't we just use your cracker as an O?  So he got my cracker too!


It's no secret I've been missing Washington.  My feelings deserve more than a paragraph so I'll just say the transition has continued to be hard for me.  Nights like this make it better.  I've challenged myself to look for everyday beauty here.  It's not always nature, but when it is I get a little flutter in my stomach.  I love the way God loves on me.  Meets me where I am.  Do you see I love you written in the skies too?  Let's be friends!


I like to moderately go all out for the kids' first birthday.  Pinterestish worthy.  I found that as I was creating bits and pieces for her party that it really made me feel alive.  Not sure how to explain that in words yet.  

There is a commercial on TV right now that says "DIY is in our DNA".  And I think they are right.  Maybe?  Creating feels good.  Not sure what that means for me in terms of what I'm going to create but I'm excited to explore the concept more fully.  I'll be posting lots of recipes and what I did to prep for Little Girl's Derby Day party!


Speaking of that girl.  She is already following in her brother's footsteps.  Found her in the pantry the other day munching on piles of raisins!


We went to KY a couple of weekends ago and I had the chance to look at all of the pictures and journals my Mom saved when my Namaw moved out of her house.  Wow oh wow!!!  I can not WAIT to get back and dig into this one.  It's a journal from 1917, in perfect condition.  It chronicles my great-grandma's wedding day!!


Doesn't everyone from 1-100 play with silly string at their birthday party?  You are missing out my friends.  Missing out.  That's my Dad by the way.  No mercy.


Why did I include this random picture? I love how it perfectly illustrates how my business fits into my life.  It's not the focus of the shot.  It doesn't overwhelm it.  It's just a part.

I've been a part of Rodan + Fields for almost 2 years now and it continues to bless our family in so many ways.  I wish I could sit down with each and every one of you and share why I love it so much.  It's helped me develop new and meaningful friendships.  It's given me a confidence in myself that I sometimes felt was lost after being "just" a stay at home mom.  (Obviously I say that in jest because Mommying is one of the hardest jobs out there...but I think you know what I mean.)  It's given us disposable income.  It's enabled us to help others.  And honestly?  It's super fun!!!

I can't WAIT to share with you my May adoption family.  Their story is incredible.  I'll be running some HUGE incentives this month because I want to support them in an amazing way!

If you have been thinking about RF...being a customer...being a consultant...or even just being a connector and telling you friends about it, I would LOVE to talk to you.  Email me!  laura_euler at yahoo.com  I'll send you a free mini-facial and put you into a drawing for a free Essentials product. Who doesn't like free stuff?

Hope you enjoyed this little treasury.  These are really the moments we live for.  The everyday.  The reality.  It's just like a storybook.

Comments

Popular Posts