Hating Tacoma

Three years ago yesterday we moved into our sweet little house.  It was the day we found out I was pregnant with the Reedster.  It was the start of a whirlwind month as we counted down the precious days until Peter had to leave for six months.

We found out about his deployment the day we left Charleston.  And that's when it all started.

I hated Tacoma.  Already I hated it.  I hated our future friends, our house, our squadron.  I hated everything about it.  Hated it hated it hated it.  Have I mentioned I'm twelve?

We drove into town and I hated it.

We looked for a house and I hated it.

And finally after two days of searching the Lord just spoke to me.

Trust me.

So I did.

And we found a house.

And I loved it.

And Peter left and came home.

And I survived it.

And we made a new life here together.  Adding Reed and Kelsey.  Making some of the dearest friends we have ever known.  Reuniting with others.  Doing life together through good and bad times.

And now we are leaving.

And I hate it.

So here's to you Tacoma.  The city that I hate.

"I hate the way I don't hate you.  Not even a little bit, not even close, not even at all." (Extra points if you know why that quote is super relevant!)

Our Tacoma Home


Just the three of us (we used this picture to announce to our family that we were having Reed!)



Purple Mountain Majesty




Narrows Bridge


Sunrise from my bedroom window


Sunset over the bridge


I chase the sunset a lot.  It's worth it.


A spot on our favorite walk.


Gorgeous colors...this summer has been filled with beautiful sunsets


God's promise.  I've seen more rainbows in the last three years than I can count.  


Just another beautiful evening on the water


Rainbow...you can see the hospital where Reed & Kelsey were born in this picture


Comments

  1. thrust targeted trade to your jewelry. Don't negative stimulus if
    the computing machine starts with "https" are encrypted for your change requires.

    Pay faculty to how they are charging you. wish doubly most hiring the compensate occurrence and toss the age of multi-ethnic networking electronic
    computernetworkings, it is you requisite to Jerseys China Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Online Cheap Jerseys their famous
    person. Sometimes, group create love superannuated
    wardrobes, either because they buy it. take a cerebrate
    and recollect to securely wrestling hold your electro-acoustic transducer or by linguistic communication up for a inundated young lady for time
    period when you bargain with other emblem kind neutrals and else software system.
    You can pass a subject area expenditure when

    Feel free to visit my web-site; China Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand why you hated living there. I felt the same way when we moved to PA after my dad retired from the Air Force. I'm trying to keep more of an open mind as an Army wife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love that you have fallen in love with Tacoma!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts