2013 Reading Goals

I've always been a big reader.  My sister used to get mad at me in the car on long trips because I wanted to read instead of play games or talk to her.  The floorboard would be stacked with books and I'd barely have enough room for my legs because I'd bring so many.

I still love reading today though I have to admit I've been in a bit of a reading slump lately.  While Peter was gone last year I was so tired at night that all I wanted to do was watch the Food Network or InStyle magazine.  Then the addition of the sweet Littlest Guy as well as other life challenges have just kept it on the back burner this year.  I'm determined to up the reading ante this year and get back to one of my favorite past times.

I've decided to set some goals for reading.  I'm creating a Pinterest board if you want to follow along!  Here are the books on my list so far.  I'd love to hear your suggestions for additional books.  I'm open to anything non-fiction and some things fictional.

So here goes....

     

  


      
  
            

I'm still looking for 5 to 10 additional books since I'd like to read about 2 a month and I plan to start now instead of waiting until the new year.  I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Comments

  1. good list! I have read about seven of those and they are all fabulous...though bringing up boys was HEAVY. anyways, I want to read Unbroken and Persuasion, too. our copy of unbroken has been lent out, but I guess I can always check the library, I just forget! you should add Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh Demoss to that list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, looks like you've got some really good ones on there!
    One author that I would definitely recommend is Francine Rivers. She writes Christian historical fiction/romance novels and her books are so so good. One great one by her is Redeeming Love. (Maybe you've read it already? It's pretty popular.)
    Anyway, you've inspired me to get back into reading myself. I've been in a slump as well, and I LOVE to read.
    Great post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea to set a reading goal! I don't read as much as I should, so I have no suggestions. I may borrow some of yours though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I read that fast.

    Check out Parenting by the Book, Abundant Simplicity, and 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read Love and Respect as well. Have you ever read the 5 Love Languages or the 5 Languages of Apology (both by Gary Chapman)? They're also really good books!

    ahumblebumble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list Laura, I'm going to look into some of these. I recommend The Mothers of Reinvention. These two moms inspired me when I became a first time mom! Helped me find myself as a mom and still Tammi :) Good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts