Monday, November 26, 2012

Thankfulness Tree

When I started this project I was super excited about it.  Although I still love the idea, losing my dear Grandaddy this month has honestly made being thankful a little harder than usual.  I loved him dearly and honestly he taught me a lot about thankfulness.  Everyone who knew him commented on his generous and giving spirit.  Everyone was thankful for him!  I guess I need to saddle up and start thinking thankful again!

So we will continue the thankfulness tree at our house until we run out of leaves!

I ordered our leaves on etsy this year because I'm learning that sometimes it is worth making things on my own and sometimes my time is worth more!  I was super pleased with them.  They came in 5 different colors.  Each day at dinner the three of us would say 1 thing we are thankful for.  I recorded the Little Guy's by writing his name on the back so I could save them and look back on the things he was thankful for each year.

So we could use it year after year I just quickly sketched and painted a tree.  I actually like the idea of using this year round because I think sometimes we forget to be thankful in the day to day.  As inspiring as it is to read "Thankful November" posts I want to challenge myself to have a thankful heart and attitude each day.




This is by far the thing I was most thankful for!  The Littlest Guy has finally started giving us some good nights of sleep.  I have to say that extra sleep improves my outlook on life exponentially!!


I encourage you to be thankful!  Even in the hard times it is the attitude that we should embrace and push ourselves to embody!

2 comments:

Cari @Reach For The Star Berries said...

I love the idea of using the thankful tree year long. I agree that it's nice to have it as a theme for November, but it really is something we should be doing all of the time.

I found your blog through the Made in a Day social hop

Debbie said...

I just wanted to stop back by and thank yoo for linking up to Merry Merry Munchies at Dining With Debbie last week. Good luck in the giveaway. The linky is now up for this week's entry. I hope youwill come back and enter MMM Week 3. http://diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com/2012/11/2012-merry-merry-munchies-3-baked.html

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...