Curry Turkey Meatballs



This is a new favorite at our house.  Easy and healthy!

1 pound ground turkey
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I would suggest taking a slice of break and cubing it)
1 green apple, cored, peeled & shredded
1 onion shredded 
11/2 tsp curry powder
1 egg, beaten lightly
1tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

I shred my onion and apple in my food processor but you could easily use a grater.  Mix all of your ingredients well and then make large meatballs out of mixture.  I usually cook my meatballs in a mini muffin tin (if I'm making small ones) or a regular muff tin for larger ones!  These meatballs are very wet because of the apple and onion.  I suggest starting them in a muffin tin and then finishing them on a cookie sheet once some of the moisture has tooked out or even on the stovetop.  The taste great regardless!

Bake meatball mixture at 375 for 16 minutes and then finish on stovetop or cookie sheet until brown.  You can top with extra cheddar cheese if you want but I prefer it without.

All three kids gobbled these up.  Get it? 

Hope you enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts