Pinterest Test--Glitter Bottles

Ok, I admit it.  I wanted to do these because they have glitter!!  I love all things sparkly.  This was one sparkly project to be sure!

Here is what you need for this project--

A durable water bottle with top
A glue gun
water
glitter!!
other fun objects of different size and weight (weight is important!)

I got my inspiration from The Pink Pistachio.  Her tutorial is easy to follow and her bottles are so cute! I wish I had done a couple of things that she did.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.

So....at our house I told the Little Guy that we were going to do a project.  He is always interested at the beginning of the project.  So interested in this one that he dumped the entire jumbo sized bottle of glitter all over the dining room table.  Sigh.  I keep finding glitter on the mail, plates and even on the baby.  Regardless we pressed on.



I filled the water bottle halfway and gave him objects to put into the bottle.  I added the glitter and he added the pompoms, sequins and pieces of pipe cleaner.  More than 1 sequin definitely made it into his mouth.  Sigh...again.  I seriously can not wait for the day that he stops eating craft supplies!



After we were done filling the bottle I tried to put superglue alone the inside of the top like suggested.  However I am slow at glue-gunning and so it started to dry before I could screw on the lid.  I suggest gluing a ring around the bottom of the lid to keep it shut tight.





One suggestion I have is make sure your items are of different weights.  They float through the bottle at different speeds and make the fun last a little longer.  I wish I had used objects that were harder.  She used dice and pony beads.  The more noise a project makes for a little boy the better!

All in all this was a fun project.  I have seen the little guy pick up the bottle a few times and say "shake shake shake".  But I think it would actually be a better craft for a younger child that would enjoy watching the glitter.  This two year old has an agenda that doesn't include sitting still!

This project is definitely worth the time and minimal money and effort!!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this project if you try it!!

Comments

  1. I haven't done the project, but I think all my kiddos would love it! ^_^ Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually saving up bottles to make some of these. We used to make them for kids at the daycare. I think I am going to do glitter bottles with water, food coloring, and different colored glitter to start teaching him colors. I am a new follower from the MOB society blog hop.

    www.adventureswithcaptaindestructo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually use colored water and glitter only in our bottles. We call them our calm down bottle. If our soun is getting ramped up we go take a bottle out (his color choice) and then he shakes it like mad for 1 minute and then we sit together and watch the glitter fall so slowly to the bottom of the bottle. It is like the glitter is "calming down" and by the time it has all fallen I have a calm little boy! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about it being best for a younger child. We have an I Spy bottle that B liked for about 1 day. Now, he has no interest in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute. Great post. I found you via the Tuesday Talent Show from Chef in Training
    I have linked a pizza I did with leftover roast chicken. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! How fun your little one. Thanks for sharing at our Handmade Tuesdays party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I am going to do glitter bottles with water, food coloring, and different colored glitter to start teaching him colors. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts