Thursday, April 4, 2013

Miles & Miles of Flowers

I LOVE flowers.  I was so disappointed last year when we didn't get the chance to drive up to the Skagit Valley and see the annual Tulip Festival.  The Tulip Festival is a month long "festival" with different activities and events going on throughout the month.  The daffodils and tulips are in bloom during the month and it makes for absolutely breathtaking scenery.

I (easily) convinced Peter that we needed to take the day and see this site.  We were so glad we did!  We left mid-morning and ate lunch at a yummy little cafe.  Then we drove around the area looking at the various fields.  We stopped at Tulip Town and took a "hayride" through the fields and looked at some tulip displays.  We also drove through Deception Pass State Park (pictures to follow in another post).  All in all it was a glorious day.  The boys had a great time getting dirty (pictures to follow) and we cnjoyed the sunshine, warmer weather and of course the company.

This is a MUST SEE in the Seattle area!!



This was a rainbow field.  Lines upon lines of different colors and varieties.  And the beautiful mountains in the distance.


Pretty pink tulips



Daffordils.  The daffodils bloom earlier so I was glad we went in time to see them!  I love daffodils.


Breathtaking


This red color was gorgeous!!  The pictures just don't even do it justice!!

I'll post some family pictures later this week!


3 comments:

Robin said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Lisa said...

New follower from the blog hop! These are absolutely stunning. If I ever go to Seattle in the spring, I'm am so going here.

alycia said...

Your photos are beautiful! My mom and I are planning a trip to the Skagit Tulip Fields in the next couple weeks, it's been a few years since I've been and I can't wait to see it again.
♥alycia@cupofting.com

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...