Capturing Life

I basically have this year long gap in my blog.  Well, more than a year.  A large hole where my iphone took over and magically seemed to be at hand every time I wanted to take a picture.  My poor little DSLR lay lonely in it's case.  The type A part of me (which has come out in full force since I've become a parent and since reading Seven) wants to go back and chronicle everything I've missed.  You know, since I have so much free time and all.  But the part "just get over it" of me is going to pick up now and start over.  Life is too precious to bemoan the part I missed.  Instead I'm going to capture today!

So...here are a few pictures from our weekend in KY.  I'll post some additional ones when I get a little more time.  I wish I had paid a little more attention to my settings because something was too high or too low and let too much light in!  But I'm still happy with these because there are smiling faces and let's be honest, that's rare in the world of toddler domination.


My girl.  This girl lights up my whole world.  


Moms and Daughters


Pa & Ma with their girl


Ma & her girl


Would you check this out?  All five looking at the camera.  All five mostly smiling.  That's a winner if I've ever seen one!


Given the recent events in our family I've been trying to be better about capturing the everyday moments.  Whether it's iphone or camera, it just doesn't matter.  I don't want to sit behind the camera all day long, but sometimes it's easier to leave it in it's case and I don't want to do that.  

I encourage you to capture your life in a way that works for you.  Maybe that's journaling.  Maybe it's Instagram.  Maybe it's just taking lots and lots of mental pictures (where are all my Office people!?!)  Regardless, find a way to capture your blessings so you can count them.  One by one by one.  All of life is a treasure.  The good, the bad.  The hard, the easy.  The beautiful, the ugly.  

Write down five things today that you are thankful for and share them with me!

Comments

Popular Posts