Feta Stuffed Chicken

It seems like we've been trying a LOT of stuffed chicken at our house lately.  It's an easy meal and fun to mix-up and doesn't take too long. I tend to focus a little more on my main dish and then do easy staples like mashed potatoes, green beans and stuffing from a box. 

The feta & spinach stuffing was a hit tonight.  Chicken is really easy to over cook and it dries out.  This filling kept it nice and juicy.  I added to and subtracted from the original recipe and personally I think mine is better.  It was super colorful too and would make an awesome holiday meal.

So here it is....Feta & Spinach Stuffed Chicken

4 chicken breasts
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic
10 oz package frozen spinach
6 oz feta cheese
1/3 cup kalamata olives-chopped
1/3 cup sundried tomatos-chopped
salt
pepper

Warm your oil in a saute pan and cook spinach and garlic.  Add sundried tomatoes and olives and cook for about 2 minutes.  Take mixture of off heat and mix in the feta.

Slice your chicken breasts lengthwise in half.  I suggest pounding them out as well to make them thinner.  They are easier to roll up this way.  Place the spinach mixture on the chicken, roll it up and secure with a toothpick.  Season the outside of your chicken with salt and pepper.

Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes (this depends on the thickness of your chicken).

So easy!!  The original recipe only called for spinach and feta but I added the other ingredients because I love them! Plus it made the dish so colorful and fun!  The original also called for the chicken to be coated in panko (Japanese bread crumbs) but I was out of them and couldn't find them at the store today.  I did miss a little bit of a crunch in the meal and next time I think I will add chopped pine nuts to the mixture.  Regardless, this chicken is a must-try!  I hope you enjoy it!!

Comments

  1. I want a photo...and a bite! :) love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts