Addiction

I have a terrible addiction.  A constant obsession.  Peter does too.  And we're really hoping to pass this insatiable thirst for more to our son and hopefully other children someday.  We just can not get enough of BOOKS!

Peter brought me a book to read on our first date.  I was already thinking he was pretty great but that pretty much sealed the deal.  I have loved to read for as long as I can remember.  When I was small my Mom would read to us every afternoon.  She loves to read too and she was great at all the voices and characters.  We read wonderful books!

I am so thankful that I love to read and get so much enjoyment out of it.  I'll be posting soon on some of the books I've been reading lately.  But first I want to share with you the books I plan to purchase for Stafford.  You may or may not have read these as a kid but they are some of my favorites and definitely books that I want to have in our house.


Lyle lives in New York City in a house on East 88th Street.  He has all kinds of adventures!  These books by Bernard Waber were published in the 60s.


This French series stars Babar, king of the jungle, and his family.  He has many adventures and teaches his children lessons in the books.  These are adorable!

Each of the Sweet Pickle books features an animal.  There are 26 titles and all of them address a weakness that the animal needs to work on.  Stork has a gossiping problem!

This is another version of the "Midas" touch.  I seriously wanted to rip out the pages and eat them when I was a kid.  I still wish  this one wasn't fiction!!


All o f the  Richard  Scary books are full of adorable illustrations. This book has every word you can think of!  It is definitely dated though, I'm pretty sure  in the house they don't show a picture of a computer!


You probably know the story of Peter Rabbit but did you  know that Beatrix Potter has many more adorable animal tales?  This is another series full of beautiful illustrations!

Here are some other favorites...









Most of these books should be easy to find but if you are having trouble I would suggest ebay.  These are all fabulous children's books and I can not wait to snuggle up with Stafford on the couch and read him these stories!!


Do you have any favorite books from your childhood?  I'd love to have the titles of your favorites so we can check those out too! 

Comments

  1. Again, Coco's Candy Shop. It's a winner!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts