Hit the Road


The boys in the house are ready to hit the road.  I'm dragging my feet.  I've posted a lot recently about home.  What it means...where it is....how I hate to leave the comfort of it.  I've done it before and I know I'll do it again.  But this time the thought of leaving feels like it's burning a hole in my stomach.  My eyes keep welling up with tears at unexpected times.  My breath catches as I drive past a familiar place or watch the sun set and see the beautiful colors splashed across the sky like a painting.  I know there will be sunsets in Washington.  And I won't have to watch them at the Marshall's/TJ Maxx parking lot to get a good view.  I'll actually be able to watch the sun set over the ocean.  So thats a plus right?

The achy feeling mostly comes from saying goodbye.  I've said a lot of goodbyes in my lifetime and thankfully a good number of them haven't been permanent.  I'm incredibly blessed to still have 3 of my grandparents.  I say goodbye to my dear husband on a regular basis but so far the Lord has brought him safely home to me each time.  I've slowly said goodbye to countless (not really countless b/c I can count them all up since I miss each one dearly!) friends as our time on station here in Charleston keeps extending.  And each goodbye seems to take just a tiny piece of my heart.

I can't really put into words how blessed  I've been by the friends I've made here in Charleston.  I am crying just thinking about how special each and every friend is in their own way.  Some are still here and some have already said their goodbyes as well.  But each has touched me and changed me in ways I didn't think possible.  These friends have laughed with me, cried with me, prayed for me, challenged me and most of all just loved me.  They have defined friendship and been such true friends that their acts and memories are etched on my heart forever.

And right now....I just don't know how I'm ever going to say goodbye.

Comments

  1. Well. I am crying now too!!!

    I know it may not help, but I so clearly remember days of heart ache as I said goodbye to friends and family in Kentucky. I struggled EVERY SINGLE day. Ii prayed EVERY SINGLE day that God would provide us with friends and a church in Tampa. Two years later, I still have days when I long to get in the car and drive to visit my sister or evenings when I wish we could sit down and share dinner/games with Ben and Brittany, but for the most part I am AMAZED!! Amazed at how God has made this place home. He has provided a church, friends, and a stronger bond between Sam and I.

    Girl, I am praying for you as you say goodbye!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts