Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sugar-Free September

Another by-product of my sweet son Stafford is my super-sized summer wardrobe.  Ok, maybe not super-sized but we're definitely looking at the extra value meal size clothes instead of the salad and fruit parfait version.  I know, I know, its only been a couple of weeks since Stafford arrived but I've got to start sometime!  I can't figure out if the alliteration motivated me or the fact that it is noon in Charleston and nice enough to take a walk outside.  This means fall, aka jeans that don't fit weather is on the way.  Regardless, I THINK I am going to do this.
I've already cheated.  Sort of.  Does that small brownie I had for breakfast yesterday count? 

I'm going to start this on Tuesday the 7th and go until October 7th.  I'll probably be kicking myself October 1 because I could start today but we're going on vacation this weekend!  It's almost impossible to be at the Euler's and be sugar-free!!

Here are my "rules" for Sugar-Free September.

1. No dessert items (aka brownies, ice cream, cake etc)
2. Starbucks drinks are allowed-1 per week-as long as it is the lite version
3. My morning cereal doesn't count, but I can only have 1 serving and can only eat it for breakfast
4. In addition to "no-sugar" I will also drink at least 64 oz of water each day
5. I will walk at LEAST 3 times a week

Goal: lose at least 1/2 of my remaining pregnancy weight by October 7 (Stafford's 2-month b-day)

Ask me how I'm doing when you see me!

3 comments:

Amanda Thomasson said...

good for you, laura! you can do it! i'll try to remember to ask you how it's going!

Amber said...

You are one brave soul. Like I said on Facebook there is no way I could have given up sugar after having Bennett. It is what I have craved the most through pregnancy and nursing. However, when I am down nursing I should give it a shot. It would be good for me.

Laura said...

so far so good...2 days into it...lol...however the opened jar of nutella in my pantry calls to me all the time...

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...