Looking Forward to Fall?!?

For the first time in a long time, and maybe ever, I'm actually looking forward to Fall.  I think!  Usually I hate this time of year.  It starts to get cold and dark.  I hate the dark.  I've hated the dark since I was a child and I hate it even more as an adult.  Some of it is a long story and the other is the fact that the dark is just heavy and oppressive and lonely. 

Since I'm now a "WAHM-Work At Home Mom" (because believe me, being a Mommy is work!) I get to see the light of day all day long.  I can enjoy a walk with Stafford or sit outside on our porch with a cup of coffee.  Not that I've really been doing those things but they sound good and I like the fact that if I decide to do them tomorrow I can!

I think I'm so excited about Fall...and Winter....and forever....because I now get to watch it all unfold for the first time for my sweet son.  Although he seems to be growing way too fast it sure is fun to mark the milestones.  I can't wait to sit down to Thanksgiving and count my blessings.  I can't wait to sit at Christmas and realize that last year we were just announcing to our families that we were going to have a baby.  I can't wait to watch the world unfold for Stafford as he discovers new things.  I can't wait until he learns how to laugh.  I can't wait for him to realize how much I love him.  I'm not sure that will happen until he has babies of his own....but I will sure try to show him....every single day of my life.

And maybe that is why this Fall seems so light and so full of life.  When the sun goes down and the curtains are drawn I still have this light that is so bright it just keeps my heart warm all the time.  I guess everyone tries to tell you how parenthood will change you but no one every told me it would be this good.  I can't wait to be thankful this Fall!!

Comments

Popular Posts