WIFWW--What I am FINALLY Wearing Wednesday

Well I'm back after almost a month or maybe two away from this fun post!  I swear I've gotten dressed more than 3 times since then.  Although it has been unseasonably hot here and we have been doing some hiking so I can't say what I have worn has been too inspiring!

I also have realized when I go back and look at what I have worn that my style is too predictable.  I like it, don't get me wrong.  But I feel like a better person could guess what I would have on most days.  I tend to go with a solid top, solid bottom and fun jewelry.  And while I'm fine with that most of the time I feel like I need to mix it up a bit.

What should I add to my wardrobe that is Mommy friendly but fun??



So this fun dress!  Recently I went through my closet and got rid of a ridiculous number of dresses.  Most were just ill fitting and not flattering.  I found this cute blue dress on a fun girls shopping trip and just couldn't say no.  It's my absolute favorite color.  It's LOFT of course and I've paired it with a small white bubble necklace from Zulily and my awesome sparkly flats from Nine West.  I wore this for my business debut!


I found these jeans on the same shopping trip.  I love the washed out color and the fact that they have lycra in them.  I used to avoid those types of pants but I gravitate towards them now.  If you saw a WIWW post featuring my rear you would see that I don't have much of one.  Jeans that fit my in the waist are HUGE in the rear and end up falling down and sagging.  These don't do that. Shoes are from TJ Maxx and shirt is vintage Loft....it's at least 5 years old.


I love that occasionally it is cool enough to wear a summery looking long sleeved outfit here.  Peasant top is Loft and pants are TJ Maxx.  My shoes are flip flops from Target.  Every year they come out with a silver, black and gold pair.  I get the silver each year and they are my go-to pair of shoes until my feet can't stand the cold.  


Last but not least.  See these shorts? Or crops?  Or whatever you call them?  They haven't fit in at LEAST 3 years but I think actually 4.  Do you know how EXCITING that is to me??  They are still a tad tight but not too tight to wear out!  They are GAP and my shirt is Loft.  Shoes again from TJ Maxx....another go-to summer pair.  I love grey/silver so much.  I used to pair everything with black but I find it so harsh now.  Pewter is by far my favorite shoe color.

So there you have it.  Hopefully fitting in these pants will keep motivating me to get off these last 15 pounds.  I've been stuck for at least 6 months and it is time to just do it!!

Comments

  1. Woo hoo! I think clothes that you have that don't fit and then do...are better than buying new ones! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfits! I'm loving the red pants. And congratulations on the old pants fitting, love that!

    sydnieflorence.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts