Miscellany Monday


We call this stuff Gualsa at our house.  It's a to DIE FOR version of salsa and guacamole put together.  I suggest you eat it and eat it often!


This is like the where's waldo version but with the mountain.  It took me a few months of living here to realize that we could see Mt. Rainier from our house.  It's only on a clear day and it's a lot harder to see in the summer than in the winter (due to the tree you see poking up in the dead center of the picture).  However....when it is clear out you can just see it peeking through.  It was especially beautiful this past week at sunset with the pink sky reflecting off of the snow-covered sides.  I got a glimpse of it 4 days in a row.  


The positives of living in a sun-free world?  You can't see the dust that accumulates on the floor and the hand prints on the windows.  Regardless four days in a row of this above and I am feeling refreshed and renewed!


Last week was Project Potty Training at our house.  We used the "wear nothing but underwear and drink juice from down til dusk" method.  It was a fantastic excuse to do nothing but watch my kiddo and run him to the potty everytime he started giving the "I gotta go" signs.  I'm really proud of him because he is doing awesome with it!  He is loving his big boy underwear!  My sweet honey knew it was a stressful week for me and showed his appreciation in many ways.  This one was the prettiest!


I'm attempting to do a Project 365 again this year.  It will probably be more like a project 300.  I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't get the camera out every single day but I'm going to try.  I was sitting on the couch earlier this week on a morning when we had some frost outside.  The sun was making all of the melting frost all sparkling as it dripped off of my huge rhododendron bush (I mean seriously people this "bush" is as tall as our two-story house).  I took a few shots and this is one that I liked.  I'm looking forward to hopefully making some progress in my photography this year!

Linking up with my friend Carissa today!!







Comments

  1. gualsa. i've gone to heaven. thank you my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the blog hop...what a cute blog you have! And I love salsa and I love guac!! Must mean I would like Gualsa!! It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gualsa looks awesome! I have t try that asap. Good luck with pottytraining. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. new follower from the blog hop! Glad i found your adorable blog! The recipe looks great too!

    -Simone

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a lovely blog :) I just found you through the blog hop - excited to follow you via GFC!

    XO

    Erin

    sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts