7 Years Ago Today

Seven years ago today my life changed forever in a fabulous way.

Our story is simple and sweet and still makes me smile today.  We met at church and although I thought he was the cutest thing I'd ever seen we didn't really "click" when we talked.  My friend Allison told me to give him another chance although at the time he didn't even know he wanted a chance.  Poor guy.  He had no idea.

After hanging out in a group a few times and blatantly throwing myself in his path at every opportunity (i.e. seating arrangements etc) we finally had a great conversation at a party.  I left excited that we had finally connected.  He left and apparently ran 10 miles trying to muster up the courage to call me. 

I don't usually answer numbers I don't know on my phone but I'm sure glad I did that Monday morning!  When he called I probably said yes before he even got the question out.  There was never any game playing.  Never any do it this way because you should or that way because of what he might think.  And it worked for us.

We enjoyed lunch at Panera that day and I got home from lunch around 5 pm.  I remember him dropping me off and after I got inside my apartment I screamed.  And then I immediately regretted it because I thought for sure he could probably hear me screaming and might never call again.

But he did call again.  And again and again and again.

We went out almost every night for two weeks and then he left on a two week trip.  I drove home to KY and told my parents that I had met my husband.

A year and a week later on February 27, 2007 he proposed and by August we were married.

It's incredible how just one day can change your life.  I'm so thankful for the way this man has changed mine.  He is our fearless family leader.  He is tender, gentle, firm and kind.  He makes me smile and giggle with laughter.  We've gone from a couple to a family and each and everyday he gives me reason to love him more and more.  He is so helpful and a true partner in everything we do.  He remembers special days and rubs my feet almost every night.  He cheers me on when things are difficult for me.  He challenges me to be a better wife, mother and Christian on a daily basis.  He loves our children yet lovingly disciplines them and teaches them about Jesus.  He is a everything I could have ever dreamed of in a spouse.  He is my best friend.

I am ever so grateful to get to do life with you Peter!!



This is our first picture together....dinner with friends.



This was taken on the "meet the parents" trip to Tennessee.


AF event in July 2006


Easter during the "meet the parents" trip to KY


Another one of our first pictures...taken during that first 2 weeks of dating.q


Fort Sumter visit summer 2006


Dinner at Hank's on this day in 2007


Making it official



August 4, 2007--The official start of our life as a couple

Comments

  1. What a beautiful couple! I love how straight forward your whole relationship was. No games or tricks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went back and read it again. I'm sure glad you met Peter. He's everything you need in a good husband. We're very thankful for him. I can't believe 7 years have passed already. I remember sitting in a parking lot when you called me and we talked quite awhile about him, when you first met.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts