Do you ever just have one of those days? Or one of those weeks? Most of the time you hear people say that and the next thing they say is, "I can't wait for Friday!!" Well, I had one of those days and one of those weeks. And I'm hear to tell you that it was beautiful!! Chris Cagle sings a song called "What a Beautiful Day". He marks all the amazing things that happen with a number. Day 1: I stumbled through hello on 5th avenue, Day 2: we grabbed a bite to eat and talked all afternoon. The song ends with Day 18, 253 well that's 50 years, Yeah, hears to you and me! And throughout the chorus he talks about love and what a wonderful emotion it is. It's such a cute song and it gets me smiling everytime I hear it.
I love celebrating the big things in life but I REALLY love celebrating the small things. Why? Well, number one I'm all about being thankful! And number two, the small things happen much more often, giving you all the more reason to celebrate!
Here are some of the things I am loving about this week!!
1. UK is in the Final Four!!!! This hasn't happened since I was a senior in high school which we all know was back in the dark ages, otherwise known as the 90s! I am SO excited to watch the CATS play and hoping for another Championship!!
2. I adore Spring. I think it might be perpetually Spring in my garden in heaven. Don't worry, I'll still come visit your garden if you prefer winter, but in my garden there will be massive amount of flowers that perfume the air. I smelled so amazing outside tonight when I was running.
3. Running? Oh yes running. After I bellyached a little bit here I got some great advice from my friends about my running issues. My dear friend Amber suggested I try the run/walk method. Hello running breakthrough!!! Holey moley! Today I ran my fastest 5K time EVER! EVER!!!! I beat my previous time by at least 2 minutes and averaged less than a 13 minute mile! I also ran 4 miles in less than 52 minutes. If you recall my best times before were around 16 minutes. So with trying the new method I have already cut 3 minutes off my time. I almost liked running today. Almost!
4. I get to get my hair done FINALLY!! you might have read my post where I asked for advice about how to cut and color it here. What I neglected to mention in this post is that I promised myself I would lose a certain amount of weight before getting it done. My hair is looking terrible but I finally got to my goal weight! I have an appointment Thursday afternoon and I could not be more excited!! I need to think up some more motivational things for the next 25 pounds. Any suggestions?
5. I am doing a Bible Study at our church and I just love it. I love the ladies, I love the teaching and I love the encouragement. I am SO blessed to be able to stay home with Stafford and as a by-product I get to participate in things like this.
6. I am Grove City bound in less than 2 weeks!! I can not WAIT to be in PA!!!! I will get to see my parents, my grandma and lots of dear dear college friends. I love these ladies like sisters!!
7. We got DVR. Yeah, we are totally in the stone-age technologically. But these guys came by and offered us a great deal on a new cable package and so we agreed to try it for a month. After 2 days I'm totally addicted! I love that little red recording dot that allows me to go to bed during my favorite shows and fast forward through the commercials the next day!!
8. I ran into a dear friend today who used to mentor me when Peter and I were dating. It was lovely to see her and it just reminded me of how far I have come since then. I am so thankful for her sweet influence in my life!
I think there were other things that I am excited about but I can't remember them all. The next time you have "one of those days" try to think of all the wonderful blessings in your life!! No matter how big or small it will do wonders for your heart to be thankful!!
Oh! I know what it was!!!! HANDPICKED GROUPON!!!! Those of you who really know me are laughing out loud at this very moment and I just don't care. Best Groupon ever!!!!!!!!!