The Original Valentine


My Little Valentine Day Buddy


I had another blog post prepared because love has really been on my mind lately.  I've been thinking about a lot of words that for me are synonymous with love.  Sacrifice.  Rebirth.  Savior.  Freedom.  I'm still marinating on this stuff, spending a lot of time in I Corinthians and waiting for the right time to really post about what is on my heart.  

Regardless on this Valentine's Day I encourage you to remember your first love.  I'm not talking about your kindergarten crush or your first kiss at the 8th grade Sadie Hawkins Dance.  I'm talking about the one who literally created love.  Pretty impressive resume huh?

The one who invented love had a whole different idea about what it looked like.  Society has replaced nails and thorns with tolerance and a "do what feels good" attitude.  I wonder what it feels like to see what you envisioned change so much and so often by those who claim to love you.

My wish for you this Valentine's Day is to remember where love originated.  On the cross.  Cling to the cross. Cling to Christ.  Cling to his Word.  Cling to truth.  

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Today I'm loving that original Valentine and so very thankful for it.

Comments

Popular Posts