Easy Paleo Pudding




I adapted this chocolate pudding from a recipe I found online.  I'm not totally satisfied with it yet but it definitely satisfies that need for something sweet craving that I get when I'm following a strict paleo diet.

Paleo Chocolate Pudding

1/2 medium avocado or 1 small avocado mashed
3 to 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
4 tsp honey or agave nectar
1-2 tsp almond butter
little bit of salt

I put all of my ingredients in the food processor and processed until smooth.  My suggestion would be to start out with the smallest amount of each ingredient (3 Tbsp cocoa, 1 tsp almond butter, tiny bit of salt) that way you can keep adding until you like the taste.  I found it to be a tiny bit too avocado tasting, I think because I was excepting something like totally amazing.  This isn't totally amazing but it's a great substitution for the real thing.  Keep your expectations under control!  Getting used to eating things that aren't full of sugar and other processed ingredients takes time.  The second time I made it I mixed in some shredded coconut and it was much more to my liking.

I plan to keep adapting this until I find the perfect combination.  You could also top with nuts, coconut and or dark chocolate chips.  

Comments

  1. Hey Laura,
    I've been not reading blogs for ages but in a nap time bid to catch up I am here on yours. :-) We've been doing South Beach since Jan 1 and I'm down 19lbs. Yay! But I've seen several Paleo recipes that I've tried out. Even though I'm not a big chocolate fan I enjoyed this "chocolate cake treat" http://pinterest.com/pin/16818198580581679/ and I thought this (not Paleo) was surprisingly satisfying as well. http://pinterest.com/pin/16818198580561655/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts