Two & A Half

This guy....


is two and a half.  And I can't believe it.

It seems like just yesterday that we were praying for a positive pregnancy test, anticipating labor, and wondering when we were going to sleep through the night again.

It's such an honor to be your Mama & Daddy and we thank the Lord daily for you and for the blessing you are in our lives. 


Some of my favorite (and not so favorite) things about you right now..

*We potty trained you last month and you are doing fabulous!!

*You know all your letters, colors, shapes, numbers and can count to 20.  You can also count to 10 in spanish.  

*You tell me "Green means go, Red means stop, Yellow means caution" when we are driving

*You are mildly obsessed with all forms of transportation and you point out each and every type we see.  

*You call school buses "A Rockin' School Bus"

*You ask to go to the airport daily.  You want to ride the "Red Rockin' School Bus" (the shuttle)  Lately you've been getting really mad when I tell you we can't go.

*You want to "help" in the kitchen constantly.  You've realized you can climb almost anything and you do it with gusto.  We've been finding you all kinds of places.  Eating jelly beans, eating nuts out of the container....you've even started opening the front door on your own.  Agh!  

*You often call Peter "Uncle Peter Daddy" 

*You are obsessed with your train table.  You play there all day.  You act out scenarios that you watch on Thomas & Friends.

*You still eat art supplies.  Sigh.  Play-doh, crayons, paint.  It all goes in your mouth.

*You call your brother "Reedster, Baby Reed and Brother Reedster"

*You've telling me lately "I want to go on an adventure. What are we waiting for?"

*You ask if we can use the remote to watch the TB*You.

*You hug me all the time and say "I love you SOOO much, Mama"

*You love to talk to Ma & Pa and Mimi & Grandad on Skype/Facetime.  You also love to hang up.

*I give you a choice usually to obey or not obey.  You almost always choose obey.  That makes us happy!!

*Your favorite Bible story is Daniel & the Lions Den.  You also like Jonah & Samuel.  When we read Jonah you tell us that God said "Go Ninevah and stop doing bad stuff"  

*You love to sing and ask to have music on a lot.  You have particular songs that you want me to play.  I think your favorite is "If You're Happy and You Know it"

*You are doing great in your swimming class!

Every day truly is an adventure with you.  We love you buddy!!



Comments

  1. Gah, he is just precious! Happy 2 and a half years!! Sounds like two is going great so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, he's gorgeous. Happy Birthday to your little one. :)

    Visiting today from Thumping Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a cutie. I miss that age! Mine is five now... where did the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from the ShareFest. He's just so adorable! What lovely pictures and memories. I started my blog when my older one was eight months old, and while I sometimes wish I had started it at her birth, I just have so many nice memories captured forever of her and my second baby.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts