Spicy Spinach Artichoke Dip


One of my favorite foods is artichoke.  You just can't go wrong.  There are a lot of spins on a spinach and artichoke dip but this is by far my favorite.  I've realized that I like spicy food and I love the kick that the red pepper brings to this dish.  It is delicious served hot or cold.

This comes from a good friend back home in Charleston!

Spicy Spinach Artichoke Dip
2 cans Artichoke hearts chopped
10 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach
16 oz Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper ground
Drain and chop the artichoke hearts.  Boil the artichoke hearts and spinach in a small saucepan over medium heat until tender (around 10 minutes).  Drain.  You'll want to push all the water out of the mixture since the spinach especially tends to hold extra water.

Pour the mixture over the cream cheese and mix in the rest of the ingredients.  Combine well.

Serve with crackers or crusty bread.  You'll need a knife to spread the dip on bread because it is thick.  But it is oh-so-yummy!!

I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!!

Comments

  1. Oh this sounds delicious! Good artichoke dip is so hard to find, i might try my hand at this. Parmesan cheese makes everything better, right? Ok, maybe not. :) I'm a follower via Twitter. I hope your having a great Monday.

    Nikki
    www.TheCraftySideOfSarcasm.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this seems like an easy recipe, I may just have to try it. Years ago I tried to make something like this from a cookbook, I wanna say Martha Stewart maybe and it took FOREVER to make and I never tried it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I love spinach dip! Thanks for sharing!!

    Your blog header and blog is so cute! I wanted to stop by and thank you personally for linking up at my Let's Be Friends blog hop. I am so glad you did! New follower here for sure!

    Tiffany
    The Dwelling Tree
    Http://thedwellingtree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also let me know if you ever want to co-host:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is right up my alley! Sounds awesome! Could go for some right now; thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum! I have always wanted to make this, though I can probably eat it all in one sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds absolutely delicious and it looks like a quick and easy one too. Will have to try it...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts