Last Miscellany Monday!

Last Monday

Today starts the week of "lasts".  Well, actually Friday started off the week.  We'll do our last meal without Daddy, our last bath without Daddy, our last night waking up next to no one.  Oh my word I am so excited!!  I've been trying to stay calm over the past few days because I know it is going to seem like a long week.  But for some reason today it just started getting really real!!  I've been giving little hints to the Little Guy but haven't really come right out and told him that Daddy is coming home to our house.  I did however buy some matchbox cars for Daddy to give him when he gets off the plane.  Right now firetrucks are the way to my little mans heart.



The Big Guy

Speaking of the way to someones heart.  For my big guy it is always a great meal.  It doesn't have to be fancy but it has to be good!  While I was home over Christmas my aunt had us to dinner one night and made this chicken pot pie.  I can't say that I've ever been that excited or impressed with pot pie until I had this recipe.  Wow!  It is so super good!!  And like all of the recipes I share, it is easy!!  I hope you'll check it out and enjoy it as much as we do.  I'm making a fresh one for dinner when the Big Guy gets back!



The Littlest Guy

Man this little one is getting antsy.  I don't know if I just didn't know what contractions felt like or if I'm just having more this time around.  Regardless I keep telling the littlest that he needs to hold his horses.  Number one it is just still a little too early for him to come.  Number two, I'd really prefer NOT to deliver him on my own.  Number three....he is still nameless.  I swear we won't be the family with "Baby Boy" ...at least I don't plan on it.  The Big Guy says that is his number one priority right now, coming up with some choices.  We didn't even necessarily plan on keeping his name a secret this time (we were very hush hush with our first) but at this point it is so late I guess we won't reveal until the big day again!

All the Things I Didn't Do

I don't know what kind of spare time I thought I was going to have while Peter was gone.  I had all of these goals that I wanted to accomplish.  Books I wanted to read, crochet I wanted to learn, Pinterest crafts I wanted to try.  The list goes on.  I just have to say, it is exhausting taking care of a toddler on my own.  I suppose it would be better if I weren't pregnant but man by the end of the day I have zero energy remaining!  I did fulfill one goal by taking my online photography class.  I'm really excited about what I've learned through this class and although a toddler isn't the perfect subject I feel like I've improved my photography in just 3 weeks!  



Decisions Decisions

We still have a lot to do to get ready for the Littlest Guy.  I've done a few things on my own like clothes shopping and well, more clothes shopping.  But we still need diapers, a crib and other essentials for the beginning.  I for SURE want a new bathtub because I hated the one we used for Little Guy.  

Two things I haven't decided on are my diaper bag and the baby's stuffed animal.  I've talked about this before but each month I take a picture of the baby with their own stuffed animal.  For the Little Guy it was a pelican.  I just haven't decided on one yet for the new baby.  All of the animals that appeal to me now I think I like because they give Little Guy so much joy.  He loves monkeys, elephants and the walrus is his favorite at the zoo!  I don't want to do something just because he'll love it.  Maybe another bird since we already have a pelican?  Any suggestions?

I have a Vera Bradley diaper bag currently.  It has been a great bag but I plan to get a new bag since they'll be in different rooms in the nursery when we go to church or MOPS.  And honestly the first one is getting worn!  Any patterns stick out to you?

Doodle Daisy Ellie Blue Rhythm and Blues  Baroque Item image

Transition

We are getting ready to transition first from a family of 2 to a family of 3 and then quickly to a family of 4.  If you've gone through something similar (especially regarding helping toddlers adjust to Daddy being home and adjusting to a new brother!!) I'd love to hear your thoughts and advice!!

Last picture with Daddy...he was just a baby when Daddy left and now he is such a big boy!!


Happy happy Monday!!!  Can't WAIT to share our weekend with you next Monday!!

Comments

  1. Your little guy is so cute. Good luck with the arrival of your husband and new baby. Lots to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog from Carissa's Miscellany--I am so excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here--- I'm a new reader from Carissa too! What a precious moment this will be...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, cute pictures! I say a toucan for the newest one :D And I'll be checking into your chicken pot pie recipe! Visiting from Miscellany Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came over here from Carissa's Miscellany Monday and I'm so glad I did! I am excited for your husband to return home....Let the countdown begin!!

    Hugs & here's to a quick week....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so darn excited for your man's homecoming!!! woot! we had one big diaper bag (a skip hop double) and then each kid has their own backpack. it works out perfectly. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts