Lighting Little Lamps

I have to admit I'm having to work pretty hard to see the silver lining today.  When I have days like that it helps me to post what I'm thankful for, even if I have to dig pretty deep.  After I'm finished my day has usually turned around and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I've been trying to keep up with Spurgeon's Morning & Evening and having a plan on my phone gives me even less of an excuse to read everyday.  I still get behind and I didn't start it at the beginning of the year so if you have the book I don't know exactly what this lesson's date is.  Regardless I was reading last night before I went to bed and found this quote...

"Go back, then, a little way to the choice mercies of yesterday, and though all may be dark now, light up the lamps of the past, they shall glitter through the darkness, and thou shalt trust in the Lord till the day break and the shadows flee away."

Isn't that beautiful?  From now on I'm going to think of my blessing counting as lighting little lamps and I know that will make my day brighter.

Today I'm thankful for sweet neighbors....one of my neighbors brought me her first blooms from her Camellia tree...they are gorgeous!

Today I'm thankful that someone helped me get the Little Guy to the car after he had a massive meltdown at Bible Study.  He has never done anything even close to what happened today and I didn't know how to handle it!

Today even though I miss them, I'm thankful that my sister-in-law and nephew got to visit.

Thanks to her I'm also thankful for clean laundry and clean sheets.

I'm thankful for the great deal I got on a little indoor slide for the Little Guy.  It has already given us hours of enjoyment!

I'm thankful that I had the time and funds to take this online photography class.  I really feel like I am learning something.

I'm thankful I had ice cream in the freezer because I needed it after the meltdown!

I'm thankful that I wasn't the guy standing outside in a shark costume trying to get people to buy breakfast burritos from a taco restaurant....or the same guy 2 hours later pushing the lunch special....it's 45 and raining here.  I'll deal with the public meltdown thank you!

I'm thankful that the Big Guy leaves for home 2 weeks from today.

I'm thankful that even though it is yucky outside there is enough light out that it doesn't look gloomy.

I'm thankful the Little Guy is napping (heading there after I feel thankful).

I'm thankful I found a cute outfit for the Little Guy for Easter and for how cute he was when he saw his new shirt with a "copter" on it.  He made me leave it out of the bag all during our dinner date last night so he could see it.  Ever so often he would point to it and say "copter!".

I'm thankful I'm not swollen like the girl from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory like I was at 33+ weeks with my last pregnancy.  And also that I'm not blue.

Here is a shot (on manual!!) of the pretty flowers my neighbor brought me.

Comments

Popular Posts