Miscellany Monday

1. "Model" Subject

I'm taking an online photography class and since the 19 month old is the only other human in the house he has to be the model.  Let me tell you....trying to catch  this guy standing still is close to impossible.  When I tried metering light today he proceeded to punch the grey card I was using with his fist, his apple slice and his milk.  He also got to sit on the coffee table and watch episode after episode of Curious George until I was happy with my shot.  Out of control!

This is just a practice shot from a couple of days ago.  He is super into this chair and likes to buckle the buckles and then brings it to me and says "help" and I unbuckle them all.  I managed to get him watching the "monk monk" so I could practice!


2. Home?

I post a lot this time last year about what "home" meant to me.  I was really scared and apprehensive about moving cross-country.  Good thing I didn't really know what the last 8 months were going to be like.  Not sure I wouldn't been on board with the 6 month "overseas assignment" while pregnant while raising a toddler.  I might have just stayed in SC.  Regardless this place is slowly becoming home.  I never thought I'd say this but I am particularly enjoying the weather.  Not all the time.  But I love not being sweaty.  I am ready for it to get about 10 degrees warmer but on a nice sunny afternoon it is hard to beat how beautiful it is here!













View from the playground yesterday.  I wanted to get more shots but watching the Little Guy took most of my time!

3. My Little Daredevil

Daredevil may be a stretch.  But I love watching the Little Guy do little boy stuff.  I took him to this awesome playground the other day that overlooks Puget Sound.  We're talking amazing views.  The playground is divided into a big kid and little kid section.  The little section is perfect for a 1-2 year old.  He had such a blast on the slide and climbing through the tunnel.  If you look out over the Sound you can also see trains coming and going.  Being pretty pregnant I needed to sit down and being 3 hours behind Eastern time I needed to check the NCAA tournament scores.  When I looked up my bud had vaulted down into the sand pit (it was about a 2 foot drop) and was busy playing.  Next time we go I will definitely be taking him a change of clothes!!




















4. Madness

Speaking of madness I can hardly wait for UK to re-match IU later this week.  I'm not going to do any predictions or bragging but I hope the CATS beat the pants off of IU.  I've had the whole season to indoctrinate the Little Guy and I still can't get him to say "Go Cats".  I guess "Meow" will have to suffice.

5. Cooking

I'm going to make an awesome chicken pot pie this week.  Come back for the recipe!!

Hope your monday and week are both fabulous!!

Comments

  1. Haha! I can't get my little man to sit still for a picture... or even look at the camera. I'm going to have to try the Curious George trick next time :) Your view from the playground is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts