Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Not-So-Detailed Update

Here is a picture of the Little Guy because after the last few days you do not want to see a picture of me!!

Here is an update on everything that has been going on with myself, the baby and Little Guy over the past few days!

Sunday night I came down with some sort of stomach bug.  I was awake most of the night and I thought I would feel better in the morning.  I called one of my friends here and she gladly took the Little Guy for me for a couple of hours (or so she thought) so I could get some rest.

I took a nap and around noon I woke up with a horrible stomach ache.  I still wasn't able to eat or drink anything and around 2 o'clock called the doctor.  After talking to the nurse I decided I needed to go to the ER.  So another friend picked me up (my stomach was hurting so badly I was afraid to drive) and took me to the hospital.

After getting checked in it took a while for the nurse to be available.  I let my family know what was going on and tried to get in touch with Peter.  We're 11 hours apart so it was the middle of the night where he is.  I checked in with my friend who had the Little Guy and she graciously agreed to keep him overnight.

After the nurse started monitoring the baby I realized that the stomach pain I had been having since about noon was contractions.  I had no idea!  Thankfully everything looked great with the Littlest Guy via the fetal monitor.  I received 2 litres of IV fluid and they did multiple tests to determine if I was at risk for pre-term labor.  My contractions were coming about 1 to 2 minutes apart.

Thankfully the tests were negative.  My contractions however weren't stopping so I had to get a shot to stop them.  I hadn't had any signs of sickness since about 3pm that afternoon so the doctor said it was fine for me to go home.  My sweet friend who dropped me off came back to the hospital as did our squadron commander's wife so I wouldn't have to be alone!!

I was tired on Monday but managed to make a short grocery run and pick up the Little Guy.  We rested the rest of the day.  Sadly I  was NOT over the bug and continued to have ghastly symptoms (here is where I will not go into details!) until Wednesday at around 4am.  It's now Thursday evening and thankfully I have felt MUCH better in the last 24 hours.

I have a more detailed post planned about how faithful God has been to us through this sickness!  It has really made me think about how to minister to people in need.  I was so sick on Monday that I knew it was impossible for me to take care of the baby.  My friend stepped in right away.  When I couldn't drive myself to the hospital my other friend woke her baby up from a nap (her husband isn't home either right now) took me to the hospital and returned later that evening when she had a babysitter.  Our commander's wife came to visit even though it is a 20 minute drive and her husband would be returning from a deployment in less than 48 hours.  My neighbor who I barely know has not only brought me flowers but meals for two nights, unloaded my groceries and is taking care of Little Guy for me next week when I have a Doctor's appointment.

I am very thankful to be over (hopefully!!!) whatever it was that I had but yet again so thankful for God's provision throughout!  Thank you to those of you who checked on me and prayed for me!!  As of today we can finally say "this month" for our Daddy countdown so overall life is pretty sweet!


Nessa Bixler said...

What a blessing to have people step in so readily to help out. glad you are better. Scarey stuff.

carissa at lowercase letters said...

Phew! Girl, what a week! Praise God indeed for His provisions and tender care over you and both your little guys. So thrilled for you to be welcoming your big guy home soon. Woot!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...